Acknowledging the blood, sweat & tears that went into making a head explode on film, among other things.


Monday, November 8, 2010

KISS MY ASS!



OK, I think I need to clarify something about my last post. I wasn’t wholeheartedly endorsing using CGI for The Walking Dead, I merely stated that amongst the sea of latex and practical zombie appliances and effects, I wasn’t going to fret over the CGI blood used.

Yeah, I’m a little biased since I’ve been dying for this to be turned into a show since 2004. It’s a show heavy on story and atmosphere. The fact that they used practical effects at all in this day and age was a bonus. For all intents and purposes, CGI will not be going away, like Katy Perry and Jack Black, it will be forced into our culture to the point where we have to cave a bit. Screw you! I liked Nacho Libre.

I also loved Lord of The Rings even though it had CGI infused throughout. I still won’t recant on my previous statement. I believe you have to pick your battles. Let’s all worry less about CGI blood in the Walking Dead and focus more on upcoming abominations like the prequel of THE THING.

So, to sum up, kiss my ass!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't think there was anything wrong with what you said in the WALKING DEAD post, T. I wouldn't put too much credence in what that anonymous poster said. Probably a troll. Have you thought about adjusting your settings so only members can leave messages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. This is the same poster. When I first found your blog I was like "SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!" then you pull a big fucking flip flop.

    Rename your blog to DEATH TO CGI (SOMETIMES) and we won't have a problem, until then, I don't want to hear lectures on "Well CGI is okay here because we have to get used to it because well you know it's the times and..." HEY IDIOT. YOUR BLOG IS CALLED "DEATH TO CGI" do you think when the Allies were fighting the Nazis in WW2 they said "DEATH TO NAZIS.... well not all, like we have to get used to the fact that the Nazis are like really popular now so we have to you know be thankful when there's less Nazis"...

    Seriously, your viewpoint is FINE, just NOT ON A FUCKING BLOG ENTITLED DEATH TO CGI. CGI blood is the #1 absolute LAZIEST thing a movie or tv show can do (and it LOOKS AWFUL, they haven't even gotten close to animating it properly) as it is so easily achieved otherwise. Kids filming student films do it... they mix food coloring and syrup together. You seem to miss the fact that the REASON people hate CGI is not because it is doing things that could never otherwise be done, but because it is doing things that can VERY EASILY BE DONE IF PEOPLE WEREN'T SO FUCKING DIM AND LAZY.

    CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYPOCRITE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. while i don't necessarily agree with the last posters tone I do have to agree with his message, the Walking Dead is really bad for CGI and a blog like this really should take more umbrage. what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen "Centurion" yet?

    The CGI blood in that is rampant and totally takes you out of the movie.

    That is of course, if you realize how poorly done it was, and realize that it was CGI blood.

    I personally don't have a huge problem with CGI blood in "The Walking Dead", mainly because of budgetary constraints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CGI has its place. Even in live action. I genuinely like CGI effects. I have since I was a kid watching it used in Disny's classic 90s films. But it can get over used. Like, while I've yet to watch the whole thing, I found the effects in the 80s "The Thing" far more gross and terrifying than the remake with it's CGI effects. I do not wish for the demise of CGI. We just need to learn moderation

    ReplyDelete