Holy Hannah! Thanks to Cool Ass Cinema, I have been given the Versatile Blogger Award!
(ignore my last post, apparently I didn't know how these blog awards worked)
In order to recieve full VBA status I have to acomplish three tasks:
-Thank the person who gave it to you
-Share 7 things about yourself
-Pass the award to 15 other blogs you've recently discovered, are engaging and of particular interest.
In my last post I hyped the awesomeness of Cool Ass Cinema. His reviews are always entertaining, also I dig the lime green type! You should too!
Now on to task two: Seven things about me...
1) I have no sense of smell. Never did and probably never will. Out of all the senses to lose, I'll take this one.
2) I have a deep obsession with the Morricone/Leone connection. Six films (seven if you count "My Name Is Nobody") just isn't enough. I want more!
3) I have been trying my hand at amateur film composition. I did one independent film back in 2006 called Mondo Collecto. Since then I have just been working on other music projects. I have two EPs forthcoming. One is cover songs of classic Sesame Street tunes and the other is a cover/homage to one of my favorite Morricone scores, Gli Scassinatori(The Burglars).
4) Politically, I tend to be strongly conservative. I really abhor hero worship, especially in politicians. That's a game you'll never win. Although I do skeet shoot poodles and crap bags of money, so...
5) As a kid, I always thought I'd be a cartoonist or a special effects makeup artist. Neither followed with me. I got the guitar at age 14 and stuck with music instead.
6) I love movies, especially behind the scenes stuff. Just hearing about how John Carpenter made the title card for "The Thing" gives me goosebumps.
7) I use Lady Speed Stick deodorant because it's the only kind that doesn't give me a rash.
Now for some fun blogs that are definitely worth your time:
An excellent page of the TV/cinema creepiness that scared the hell out of you as a kid. I got a few traumafessions posted on there. It's the only site that will make you go, "HOLY CRAP, I REMEMBER THAT!"
2) Final Girl
Stacie Ponder rules. Enough said.
3) Topless Robot
Where geekdom & nerddom clash!
4) When is Evil Cool?
He hasn't posted for a while, but he had the best month long Alien review ever.
A lot of fun 60's & 70's goodies. they actually scan their own pics, and there's a ton of them.
6) Cinema Du Meep
Another fun review site with great obscure poster pics.
7) Sergio Leone & The Infield Fly Rule
One of the great film blogs out there.
8) Remakes, Reboots & Re-Imaginings
A great new blog and a subject I get VERY passionate about.
9) De Palma a la Mod
A great De Palma resource with very interesting essays and links to other similar themed blogs. I'm a sucker for De Palma.
10) Chuck Norris Ate My Baby
11) Freddy In Space
12) Retro Slashers
13) Mondo 70: A Wide World of Cinema
14) My New Plaid Pants
Film blogs are like crack.
15) Cool Ass Cinema
for taking the time to read mine. They're cool ass.
So that's it. Hopefully I will kick this blog into high gear and start blogging more frequently. I have a few post ideas in mind. My contempt for CGI never dies.
Name That Trauma:: Rob M. on a 3-D Jewel Thief
8 hours ago