Acknowledging the blood, sweat & tears that went into making a head explode on film, among other things.


Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby: Secret Of The Lost Legend (1985)


I remember this being quite the big deal in animatronics when it came out. I saw this in the theaters many times. Maybe that's why Jurassic Park did nothing for me. The Brachiosaurus scene in JP looked really bad in my opinion. These brontos had mass to them. even though they were scale, when they fell, they FELL. The physics were real, not rendered. The head movments still were a little tight, but it didnt matter, because they were real objects that interacted with their real surroundings.

I think when you're dealing with "unreal" things such as dinosaurs, it's better to create them in the real world so the actors have something to work with instead of a green screen. Much more effective.



Have a great CGI Free Pot Pie weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment